Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer

Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: TD Capital Hotel Inanam, Kota Kinabalu!

TD CAPITAL HOTEL INANAM Kota Kinabalu Malaysia

TD CAPITAL HOTEL INANAM Kota Kinabalu Malaysia

Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: TD Capital Hotel Inanam, Kota Kinabalu!

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving HEADFIRST into the Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: TD Capital Hotel Inanam, Kota Kinabalu! I'm talking a full frontal assault of my senses, and I'm bringing YOU along for the ride!

(Disclaimer: This review is gonna be REAL. Prepare for some real talk, real feelings, and probably some tangents. You've been warned!)

First off, let's get the basics out of the way. You're looking for a hotel that's:

  • Accessible? Yep, they've got facilities for disabled guests, which is HUGE. Plus, the elevators are a lifesaver when you're lugging all your travel baggage.
  • Clean? Important, especially now! They're really going HAM on the cleanliness. They're using "anti-viral cleaning products", and "professional-grade sanitizing services". Plus, "room sanitization opt-out available" if you're feeling particularly green. They are making sure to have "Daily disinfection in common areas, rooms sanitized between stays, and staff trained in safety protocol"
  • Connected? Free Wi-Fi in all rooms? PRAISE THE LORD! And they've got internet access, too. Plus a LAN! We're good!
  • Safe? Security is a big deal these days, and TD Capital seems to know it. They've got "CCTV in common areas and outside", "24-hour security," and "fire extinguishers" – all good stuff.

Okay, now for the juicy stuff… the stuff that REALLY matters!

Arrival & First Impressions (and a near-disaster!)

So, picture this: I arrive, jet-lagged and looking like a crumpled map. My mission? To conquer this hotel and tell you ALL about it. Smooth check-in, right? NOPE. Turns out, I'd booked a smoking room accidentally. (Big pet peeve, for me, and probably you if you're reading this). But disaster averted! The staff, bless their hearts, were SUPER friendly and quickly switched me to a non-smoking room. Massive points for customer service there. It's the little things, you know? That whole "contactless check-in/out" thing? Smooth as BUTTER.

The Room: My Little Sanctuary (and its tiny flaws).

Okay, the room itself? Pretty damn nice. "Air conditioning" (essential!), "Blackout curtains" (SLEEP!), and a "desk" (for pretending I'm productive). They've got "Free bottled water," which is a godsend! And the "slippers" in the room are a MUST. They also provided, "Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Hair dryer, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Satellite/cable channels, Safe box, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens"

The bed? Heavenly. Seriously. I think I spent half my stay just in the bed. It's a high floor so, you know, the views are nice, and that little couch? Perfect for collapsing on after a day of… well, whatever you do on vacation.

Now for the minor gripes: the "scale"… I'm not sure I wanted to see that. Maybe hide it? And the "mirror" was a little further than I'd like.

Food Glorious Food! (and My Attempt at Sophistication)

Okay, let's talk food. This is where things get… interesting. TD Capital boasts a whole spread of options. And yes, there are a few different restaurants, "Asian cuisine in restaurant and Western cuisine in restaurant" options. There’s also, "Bar, Coffee shop, Poolside bar, Restaurants, and Snack bar."

Breakfast? "Breakfast [buffet]" is the king, hands down. So, I had to explore the buffet to its fullest, right? Woke up STARVING and they let me taste the best "Asian breakfast" and "Western breakfast" they had.

Dinner? I attempted to be refined. "A la carte in restaurant", with salad. There was also, "Desserts in restaurant" that got me feeling like a kid. They also had, "Soup in restaurant" so I was ready for anything.

Room service, of course, is 24 hours. Always a win! And the "Bottle of water" made sure I was good!

Relaxation & Recreation: Spa Day or Bust! (sort of…)

I'm a spa person, through and through. And TD Capital has a bunch of ways to, "relax" including: "Fitness center, Gym/fitness, Massage, Pool with view, Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor]".

I HAD to book a massage. I mean, duh. Pressure was perfect. The "Body scrub" and "Body wrap" really made me feel like a new person. Heaven!

For the Kids (and the Young at Heart):

"Family/child-friendly" is a big win. They have "Babysitting service" and if you're looking for the kids, they do have "Kids meal."

The Internet: My Digital Lifeline (and the occasional hiccup).

"Internet access – wireless," that's a must-have. "Free Wi-Fi" in all rooms! (THANK YOU, TD Capital!). You can also get the "Internet – LAN" if you're into that. I'm not.

Getting Around: Airport Transfer & Beyond!

They've got "Airport transfer" (very handy) and "Taxi service," so getting to and from the hotel is a breeze. There's also "Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, and Valet parking." - Perfect!

Services & Conveniences: The Little Things that Make a Difference

This is where TD Capital REALLY shines. They have everything: "Air conditioning in public area, Audio-visual equipment for special events, Business facilities, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Essential condiments, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Indoor venue for special events, Invoice provided, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, On-site event hosting, Outdoor venue for special events, Projector/LED display, Safety deposit boxes, Seminars, Smoking area, Terrace, Wi-Fi for special events, and Xerox/fax in business center!"

Okay, Real Talk Time: The Imperfections & the Raw Truth

No place is perfect. I did notice a few little things. The lighting in the hallways could be a bit brighter. The "Coffee/tea maker" in the room was the kind where you had to fill it with water manually, which felt a little…old school.

The Verdict: Would I Go Back?

ABSOLUTELY. TD Capital Hotel Inanam offers a fantastic blend of luxury, convenience, and genuinely friendly service. It has everything, plus more for my needs.

My Crazy-Good Offer to You!

Ready to experience the Unbelievable? Here's the deal:

  • Book a stay at TD Capital Hotel Inanam before [Insert Date Here] using code "UNBELIEVABLE" and get [Insert Perk: e.g., a free upgrade to a suite, 20% off spa treatments, a complimentary dinner for two]

Why This Offer is Unbelievable:

  • It's an amazing deal on a fantastic hotel.
  • You'll experience the genuine warmth of the staff.
  • You'll experience the best spa ever.

Stop dreaming, and start booking! Unbelievable luxury awaits at TD Capital Hotel Inanam, Kota Kinabalu!

Luxury Leek Living: Peak Willow Apartments Await!

Book Now

TD CAPITAL HOTEL INANAM Kota Kinabalu Malaysia

TD CAPITAL HOTEL INANAM Kota Kinabalu Malaysia

Alright, buckle up Buttercups, because we're about to dive HEADFIRST into my potentially disastrous, hilariously unplanned adventure at the TD Capital Hotel Inanam in Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia. Prepare for some real travel chaos, folks. This isn’t your pristine, meticulously curated Instagram feed. This is…well, this is me.

Day 1: Arrival – Mild Panic and a Fishy Situation (Literally)

  • 7:00 AM (ish): Wake up in a cold sweat. Did I oversleep? Did I pack enough socks? (The answer, of course, is NO to both). The flight from… well, let's just say it was a long one, and I'm officially operating on Malaysian time, which, let’s face it, is just “slightly delayed” at this point.
  • 10:00 AM: Arrive at Kota Kinabalu airport. The heat hits you like a wall of tropical humidity. I can practically feel my hair frizzing. The customs guy gives me a look that says, "Really? You again?" Apparently, my passport photo is…well, I looked a lot younger in that photo.
  • 11:30 AM: Taxi to TD Capital Hotel. The driver, bless his heart, drives like he’s auditioning for a Fast & Furious movie. I grip the seat, muttering prayers to the gods of safe travels.
  • 12:00 PM: Check-in. The lobby is…functional. Let’s leave it at that. My room… Well, it's a room. Clean enough, I guess. The air con is blasting like a Category 5 hurricane. Perfect. I need to cool down and dry my hair.
  • 1:00 PM: Lunch! I venture out and stumble upon a local eatery. The menu is entirely in some alien language that does not even resemble words. I tentatively point at a picture of something that looks like fried rice. Turns out, it's fried rice, but with…fish. STRANGE FISH. Texture-y. I try to be polite and eat it, but I think I made a face. The woman behind the counter smiles politely and says something I don't understand. I manage a weak smile back. This is going to be interesting.
  • 2:30 PM: Nap. Need to recover from "STRANGE FISH".
  • 4:00 PM: Wander around a nearby commercial area, I try to remember what I was supposed to buy again. I ended up buying nothing.
  • 7:00 PM: Dinner. I'm getting more adventurous, so it's noodle soup from a street vendor. Spicy. Delicious. I think I'm sweating out all the fear from the fish incident.
  • 8:00 PM: Attempt to use the hotel Wi-Fi. It promptly fails me. I'm left to my own devices…which means staring at the ceiling and contemplating the meaning of life.

Day 2: Exploring the City – Blunders and Beautiful Scenery

  • 8:00 AM: Breakfast at the hotel. The buffet is a marvel of international cuisine. Or, well, they try. I play it safe with toast and some questionable scrambled eggs. The coffee is terrible. This is a problem.
  • 9:00 AM: Decided to explore the city. I get completely and utterly lost within 15 minutes. Eventually, I stumble upon a vibrant market. The colours, the smells, the sheer energy of the place is overwhelming. I immediately got stuck on a bunch of items.
  • 11:00 AM: Went to a place that sells local crafts and arts. The craftsmanship is incredible, and I buy a small painting because I'M SURE TO BE ABLE TO FIT IT IN MY SUITCASE LATER.
  • 12:30 PM: Lunch! Found a seafood restaurant. I went all in, ordered the biggest grilled fish I could find, hoping for the best. It was amazing. I'm now obsessed with Malaysian seafood.
  • 2:00 PM: Attempted to visit the Sabah State Museum. It was close. I didn't check. Instead, I walked around a bit more.
  • 4:00 PM: Ended up in a coffee shop. I got a REALLY GOOD cup. I'm starting to understand the appeal of this place.
  • 6:00 PM: Dinner at a local restaurant. I'm now eating fried noodle. I am not even sure what is in this dish.

Day 3: The Island Escape – Tears, Triumphs, and Tanning Fails

  • 7:00 AM: Wake up slightly less terrified than yesterday. Today, we are going to a small island.
  • 8:00 AM: Ferry to the island. Absolutely beautiful. The sun is shining, the water is turquoise, and I manage not to fall overboard.
  • 9:00 AM: Beach Day! I did some snorkeling. I attempted to look glamorous. Unfortunately, it also seems that I did not apply my sunscreen correctly.
  • 11:00 AM: Lunch on the beach. Fresh seafood, of course. I start to think I could almost live here.
  • 1:00 PM: Spent the rest of the afternoon lounging on the beach, reading and feeling a surprising sense of peace. The world is quiet. The water laps the shore. I feel…good.
  • 3:00 PM: Ferry back to the mainland. My skin now resembles a lobster. Sunburn level: Expert.
  • 4:30 PM: Back at the hotel. I collapse.
  • 7:00 PM: Dinner. A very quiet soup meal. Thinking about going back to the island, just with more sunscreen and, um, less of me to get burned.

Day 4: Farewell – A bittersweet exit

  • 8:00 AM: Breakfast. Less toast, more fruit.
  • 9:00 AM: Last stroll around the city. I can sort of navigate now.
  • 11:00 AM: Check out of the hotel. The staff seems a bit relieved to see me go. I think I asked too many questions.
  • 12:00 PM: Head to the airport
  • 2:00 PM: Flight home. I look out the window. I see the blue of the South China Sea. I'm going to miss this place.

Reflections (and regrets):

  • The Fish Incident: I’m still not entirely sure what sort of fish that was. Maybe I’ll never know. But it’s a great story. Moral of the story: Be adventurous, but maybe…start small.
  • Sunburn: I look like a beetroot. Learn from my mistake. Wear sunscreen. All the time. Reapply. Religiously.
  • The Hotel: Perfectly functional. Nothing to write home about…but…in a weird way, kind of perfect. It was a perfectly imperfect base for a perfectly imperfect trip.

This trip was not perfect. It was messy. It was chaotic. It was often hilariously, brutally honest. But it was mine. And you know what? I wouldn’t have it any other way. Malaysia, you were a blast. I'll be back. And next time, I'm bringing extra sunscreen.

Escape to Paradise: Unbelievable Santhi Hill View Resort, Munnar

Book Now

TD CAPITAL HOTEL INANAM Kota Kinabalu Malaysia

TD CAPITAL HOTEL INANAM Kota Kinabalu Malaysia

Unbelievable Luxury? More Like, Did I Accidentally Walk into a Movie Set? (TD Capital Hotel Inanam, Kota Kinabalu) - Your FAQs Answered (Probably)

So, is this place *actually* luxurious? Everyone's throwing that word around...

Okay, *luxury*. Let's unpack that. It's not, like, Buckingham Palace. I mean, the lobby *does* have a chandelier that could probably fund a small country's annual budget. The staff are ridiculously polite, always smiling, like they've been hypnotized into loving their jobs. But a few things felt...off.

For instance:

  • The Room: Gold Everything! Seriously, gold taps, gold doorknobs, you name it. Initially, it's "Ooh, fancy!" Then you're like, "Am I a Bond villain?" After a while, I just kept waiting for a tiny henchman to pop out from behind the curtains. And the bed? Huge. Lost my partner for a whole night. Found him in the morning, huddled against the window, complaining about the "icy cold" air con. (He’s a drama queen, by the way.)
  • The Spa: Lost in Translation. Spa treatments were advertised as "heavenly." My "heavenly" experience involved a very enthusiastic masseuse who seemed to think my muscles were made of concrete. No fault of hers, bless her, but she kept saying "Mmm, very tight!" with such…fervor. I think I was more sore afterwards. But, the herbal tea was lovely.

So, luxurious? Yes, but... maybe a little *too* much. It's the kind of luxury that you're constantly waiting to trip over something. And the price tag? We'll get to that later.

What's the location like? Is Inanam a cool spot or... not so much?

Inanam is…well, it's not *exactly* the center of the action. It's a bit industrial, a bit residential. Think suburban meets…well, the edge of a slightly bustling city. The hotel is conveniently located near the new bus terminal, which is a plus if you're planning day trips. And there's a mall nearby if you’re craving some familiar food or need to pick up some essentials.

Here's the truth: You're going to be doing a bit of taxi-ing to get to the more "touristy" bits. Gaya Street Sunday Market? A taxi ride. Sunset at Tanjung Aru Beach? Taxi. Island hopping adventure? Taxi. But hey, the taxis are plentiful. Just be prepared to factor that into your budget.

Plus, the hotel is a bit of an oasis. When you get back from the "real" Kota Kinabalu, it's nice to have a place to escape to that is calm. Tip: Download a local taxi app. Getting a metered taxi from the street can be…an adventure.

Are the rooms actually as nice as they look in the pictures? Because, you know, Instagram.

Okay, let's be honest. Hotel photos are always carefully curated. The TD Capital ones? Yeah, they're good, but there are some subtle things that the pictures don’t show.

  • Space: The suites? Absolutely massive. Like, you could probably host a small cocktail party in the living room. The standard rooms? Pretty spacious. But like I said earlier, the air conditioning can be a tad aggressive. Bring a blanket! I speak from experience.
  • Cleanliness: Spotless. Seriously. The housekeeping staff deserves a medal. I'm slightly ashamed to admit how much I left…(let's just say my messy side showed). Everything was always pristine.
  • Details, details: They do a really good job of the little things – the complimentary water bottles, the decent toiletries, the bathrobe that's so fluffy you just want to live in it. And the views from the higher floors? Stunning. The city sprawling below – like a tiny, glittering world.
  • The Mini-Bar: Don't even get me started. It's stocked. Heavily stocked. And the prices? Let’s just say, prepare for your wallet to weep a little. I only touched the water out of fear of the bill.

So, yes, the rooms are good. Really good. But keep in mind, no hotel is perfect. And you have to remember, you're in a tropical climate. Expect a little bit of humidity to sneak in.

What's the food situation? Is the hotel restaurant any good?

Oh, the food. This is where things got interesting. The hotel restaurant, from what I remember, was called "The Capital." It was…fancy. And expensive. And very, very dimly lit. I swear, they must have been trying to create a romantic mood, but I kept tripping over things.

The Breakfast Buffet: Now, *that* was something else. A vast array of choices – from local delicacies (nasi lemak!) to more international fare. However, it felt a little…chaotic. Tables being cleared, refilled. The usual breakfast battle. I may have accidentally taken three croissants. Don't judge me, I was hungry.

The "Fancy" Dinner: My friend and I attempted a proper dinner one night. The menu was daunting. I, being a simple soul, opted for the steak. It was…fine. But definitely not worth the price tag. And the service? Attentive, but a little too much so. I don't need someone refilling my water glass every thirty seconds. Just…let me eat my steak in peace!

The biggest issue? It was too easy to get lost in the fanciness and the price. There are so many amazing, cheap restaurants in Kota Kinabalu. Explore! Go get some street food! Don't waste all your money on the hotel restaurant. Unless you're really, really into dimly lit dining experiences.

Does the hotel have a pool? Is it any good?

Yes! They have a pool. It's on the rooftop, which is pretty cool. The views are great. The water itself? Lovely and refreshing, especially after a day of exploring the city. The pool is on the smaller side, so it can get a bit crowded during peak times.

Here's the real experience though: I went to the pool, thinking, "Ah, a relaxing afternoon." Wrong. It was a humid day and the hot breeze was no help. I found myself getting sunburnt within 20 minutes. And there were so many people in the pool. Maybe I went at a bad time.

My advice: Go early, go late, or just be prepared to share the water with a lot of other people. And slather on the sunscreen. Seriously. And bring a towel. It's the little steps.

Escape To Inns

TD CAPITAL HOTEL INANAM Kota Kinabalu Malaysia

TD CAPITAL HOTEL INANAM Kota Kinabalu Malaysia

TD CAPITAL HOTEL INANAM Kota Kinabalu Malaysia

TD CAPITAL HOTEL INANAM Kota Kinabalu Malaysia

Post a Comment for "Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: TD Capital Hotel Inanam, Kota Kinabalu!"