Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer

Escape to Paradise: Zorbas Apartments Await in Chios, Greece

Zorbas Apartments Chios Greece

Zorbas Apartments Chios Greece

Escape to Paradise: Zorbas Apartments Await in Chios, Greece

Escape to Paradise: Zorbas Apartments – Chios, Greece - My Messy, Honest, and Absolutely Human Review (aka, You're Gonna Want to Read This)

Alright, buckle up buttercups. I just got back from Chios, Greece, and I’m still trying to peel the scent of the sea and sun off my skin. And yeah, I stayed at Zorbas Apartments. Now, before you scroll past thinking, "another travel blog blah blah blah," hear me out. This ain’t your average sanitized hotel review. This is the real deal, warts and all. And, truth be told, Zorbas… well, it's got a few of those warts.

The Hook: Why You Should Seriously Consider Zorbas (And Maybe Not Just Because of the View)

First, the bait: Chios. It's stunning. Think turquoise water, hidden coves, and the kind of air that makes you want to ditch your emails and just… breathe. And Zorbas? Well, it’s perched up on a hill, overlooking the whole damn thing. The view? Unbelievable. It’s the kind of view that makes you forgive a lot.

But this ain't just about pretty pictures. I'm here to tell you if Zorbas is truly an escape. And, spoiler alert: it mostly is.

Accessibility & Safety: Navigating the Terrain (Literally and Figuratively)

Let’s get real, shall we? I’m not traveling with a wheelchair, but I DO value ease of movement. So, what did I think?

  • Accessibility: Honestly? It's… okay. There’s an elevator, which is a godsend, but the grounds are a bit hilly. Getting around might be a challenge for some. They say they have facilities for disabled guests, but I didn’t personally witness extensive accessibility features. Be sure to call beforehand and confirm your specific needs.
  • Cleanliness & Safety: Obsessive? Yes. Comforting? Absolutely. I tend to be a complete germaphobe, especially now. Zorbas gets top marks here. The "Anti-viral cleaning products" and "Daily disinfection in common areas?" Yes, please! Seeing the staff constantly wiping down surfaces and using "Professional-grade sanitizing services" was a huge relief. They also had "Hand sanitizer" everywhere. Thank GOD. The rooms were pristine – and I’m a stickler. "Rooms sanitized between stays?" Check. Plus, they have all the security features: "CCTV in common areas," "CCTV outside property," "Fire extinguisher", "Safety/security feature," "Security [24-hour]," "Smoke alarms," and a "Doctor/nurse on call" - all good things in my book!
  • COVID Stuff: Okay, I have to give them credit here. They were serious about the whole virus thing. "Cashless payment service," "Individually-wrapped food options" (more on that later), "Physical distancing of at least 1 meter" (except, you know, in the buffet line, which was a little… let’s just say, social-distancing-optional). They even offered "Room sanitization opt-out available," which, frankly, is a win for the planet. So, if you are anxious about the whole situation Zorbas is doing a reasonable job!

The Room: My Little Greek Hideaway (With a Few Quirks)

Okay, so, my room… was good. Don't get me wrong. The "Air conditioning" was a lifesaver. That Chios sun is ferocious. And waking up to the "Complimentary tea" on the balcony with that view? Pure bliss. I loved the "Balcony" with, of course, that killer view.

  • The Good: The "Free Wi-Fi" worked like a charm (and they shout about "Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!," so you know they're proud of it). They had "Air conditioning," which was essential. The "Coffee/tea maker" was a godsend after a late night. The "Extra long bed" was a bonus for a lanky gal like me. The "Blackout curtains" were amazing for sleeping in after those late nights. "Daily housekeeping" was great, too.
  • The Quirks: The decor… it was a bit… dated. Let's just call it "charming in a 90s kind of way." The "Bathroom phone" was a nice touch, though maybe not super necessary in these modern times. Also, the "Towels" could have been a little fluffier. And, honestly, the "Slippers" they gave me were, well, they were a bit… basic. But hey, I'm not complaining!

Dining, Drinking & Snacking: A Culinary Adventure (With a Few Mishaps)

Okay, let’s talk food. This is where things got… interesting.

  • The Breakfast Buffet: Don't expect Michelin stars. But, let’s be real, who goes on vacation to not eat at the buffet? It was "Breakfast [buffet]." There was "Asian breakfast" and "Western breakfast", a "Coffee/tea in restaurant", "Salad in restaurant," and a "Soup in restaurant". The "Breakfast service" itself was pretty great.
  • The Other Restaurants: The "A la carte in restaurant" - the food was, again, not mind-blowing, but it was decent. You could get a "Bottle of water." There's a "Poolside bar" which is fantastic for Happy Hours. They had "Restaurants", but I've had better meals. It was okay, though.
  • Room Service: They offered "Room service [24-hour]" - but it was… hit or miss, to be honest. The pizza was fine. The other stuff… well, let’s just say I ordered some interesting things at 3 AM.
  • The "Safe Dining Setup" was good to see.

Things to Do & Ways to Relax: The Spa, the Pool, and… Relaxation!

Now this is where Zorbas shines. It's meant to be a relaxing getaway.

  • The Pool: The "Swimming pool [outdoor]" is stunning. It's all about the "Pool with view". The "Sauna," "Spa/sauna," "Steamroom," and "Gym/fitness" all are there. I didn't use the "Fitness center" because… well, vacation. But the pool? Perfection. I spent entire days just floating and staring at that view. And isn't that what a vacation should be?
  • The Spa: Okay, I did indulge in the "Body scrub" and "Massage." Pure bliss. It was a "Spa."
  • Ways to Relax: The sun, the sea, the view… it's all very relaxing. They also have "Foot bath."
  • The "Happy hour" - do I need to say more?

Services and Conveniences: The Good, the Bad, and the "Meh"

  • The Good: "Air conditioning in public area" was a relief. "Concierge" was helpful. "Daily housekeeping" was spot on. "Elevator" - yes! "Facilities for disabled guests" - see accessibility notes above. "Gift/souvenir shop" was there. "Luggage storage" was super convenient. "Safety deposit boxes" - always a good idea. "Terrace" - where I ended up spending most of my time.
  • The "Meh": "Cash withdrawal" – helpful, but a bit slow. "Currency exchange" – same deal. "Ironing service" – didn't use it. "Laundry service" – didn't need it.

For the Kids: Family-Friendly?

I didn’t travel with little ones, so I can't personally vouch. But Zorbas seems to be family-friendly. They have "Babysitting service", "Kids facilities", and "Kids meal".

Getting Around: The Chios Shuffle

  • "Airport transfer" – they provide it, thank goodness! The airport is a bit out of the way.
  • "Car park [free of charge]" – major win!
  • "Taxi service".

The Bottom Line: Would I Go Back?

Okay, so Zorbas Apartments is not perfect. It has its quirks. But honestly? It's got a certain charm. It's comfortable, clean, and safe. And that view? Yeah, that view is worth its weight in gold.

My Overall Grade: B+

SEO-Optimized Summary for You (aka, What You're Googling For):

  • Chios Island Hotels: Zorbas Apartments offers stunning views and a relaxing spa experience, perfect for a Greek getaway; it's a solid choice, though accessibility is a bit of a question mark.
  • Chios Hotels with Pools: The outdoor pool is a highlight, surrounded by breathtaking views.
  • Chios Hotels with Spa: Indulge in a body scrub and massage for total relaxation.
  • Zorbas Apartments Review: Cleanliness and safety are top priorities; all the amenities you need for a relaxing stay with a few quirks and issues.
  • Accessible Hotels Chios: While the hotel has facilities for "disabled
SM Southmall Condo: Chic Minimalist 1BR Haven Awaits!

Book Now

Zorbas Apartments Chios Greece

Zorbas Apartments Chios Greece

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to wade through the Aegean Sea of my Zorbas Apartments Chios, Greece adventure. This isn't your pristine brochure, let me tell you. This is the real, sun-kissed, olive oil-splattered truth.

Day 1: Arrival and the Existential Crisis of Ferry Delays

  • Morning (AKA, the Morning I Thought Would Never End): Arrive at Chios Airport. Smooth as butter, honestly. Except for the fact that the baggage carousel seemed to be operated by a guy with a severe grudge against suitcases. Finally, my ancient, slightly battered backpack limps into view. Success! Now, to find a taxi and discover the holy grail – Zorbas Apartments.
  • Mid-Morning: Taxi ride. The driver, a grizzled local, gestures dramatically as we zoom past olive groves. "Chios! Island of mastic!" he bellows, his English more enthusiastic than perfect. I nod, already picturing myself draped in mastic-infused luxury. (It would be a while before I actually saw any mastic. More on that later.)
  • Late Morning/Early Afternoon: Zorbas Apartments! Woohoo! Or… maybe not. The receptionist is lovely, but the key to my room is… stubborn. After a valiant struggle, the door finally yields. The room is charming. A bit musty. But charm outweighs mustiness, right? The view? Stunning. The Aegean, a shimmering turquoise invitation. I dump my bag, change into my finest travel-worn t-shirt, and head out to explore.
  • Afternoon: Ferry reconnaissance. This is crucial. I'm planning a day trip to… well, let's just say a particularly scenic island. But the ferry schedule is a disaster. Delays, cancellations, mystical Greek timekeeping. It's a full-blown anxiety attack waiting to happen. I spend an inordinate amount of time staring at the ferry port, willing a boat to magically appear. I eat a mediocre gyro to calm the nerves. It doesn't work.
  • Evening: Dinner at a taverna near the apartment. The food is amazing. Freshly caught fish! Olives that explode with flavour! The problem? I'm exhausted from the ferry drama. I end up eating in a semi-catatonic state, only snapping out of it long enough to order a ridiculously large portion of baklava. Bliss. But also… sugar coma.

Day 2: Beach Bliss (and the Sand-in-Everything Situation)

  • Morning: Finally, real vacation mode! The ferry chaos is (mostly) forgotten. I grab a coffee at a little cafe, the sun warming my face, and the salty tang of the sea air already having its way with my soul. Then, it's off to the beach.
  • Mid-Morning/Afternoon: Agia Fotini beach. Beautiful. Crystal-clear water. Turquoise perfection. I spend hours swimming, sunbathing, and generally attempting to achieve a state of zen. The problem? The wind. It’s relentless. By the time I leave, I am 80% sand. My hair, my ears, my everywhere… sand. I could build a small replica of the Parthenon with the amount of sand I find in my backpack later.
  • Afternoon: Lunch at a beachside taverna. The food is simple, delicious, and perfectly reflecting the beach vibe. I order grilled octopus. The tender, gently charred tentacles, the lemon, the sea breeze – it's perfection. I probably eat it too fast.
  • Evening: Back at the apartment, covered in sand, my skin is slightly sunburnt. I shower until the water runs clear. I decide to buy a souvenir, I was thinking of a magnet but I found a small bottle of local olive oil and I buy it. I had a nightcap on the terrace, gazing at the twinkling lights of the town. I feel a deep sense of contentment. Except, what if the ferry schedule actually screws me up? Damn it. Must. Not. Think. About. Ferries.

Day 3: Mastic Mania (and the Unexpected Power of a Tiny Church)

  • Morning: Okay, mastic time! Today, I'm finally going to find out what all the fuss is about. I hire a scooter (slightly terrifying, but hey, YOLO). I begin my journey through the mastic villages.
  • Mid-Morning: Mastic Museum! I visit the museum and it's actually fascinating. I learn all about the painstaking process of harvesting and processing mastic resin. It’s like a whole damn ecosystem built around a single, magical tree. I buy a mastic face cream, hoping it will reverse the damage the sun did on my skin.
  • Afternoon: I ride the scooter. This scooter! The wind whips through my hair, I feel like I could be chasing a James Bond villain. I get lost. More than once. I probably should have invested in a better map. I end up stumbling upon a tiny, almost hidden church. I go inside. It’s small, simple, and utterly peaceful. I sit there for a while, breathing deeply, feeling a surprising sense of calm. It’s the most beautiful thing I’ve seen all day.
  • Evening: I treat myself to a fancy dinner at a restaurant in the town that I never could pronounce. The food is delicious and the view is out of this world. I finally allow myself to relax, knowing that the island's magic has worked on me.

Day 4: Departure (and the Lingering Smell of the Sea)

  • Morning: Pack. Pack. Pack. Curse the fact that my backpack hasn't spontaneously organised itself. Say goodbye to the apartment.
  • Mid-Morning: Taxi to the airport. This time, the driver doesn't speak much. I watch the scenery fly by. I feel a pang of sadness as I leave. Chios has worked its magic. I'm sun-kissed, a little sandy, a little anxious about future ferry trips.
  • Afternoon: The plane takes off. I look down at the island shrinking beneath me. I smile. I may be going home, but a part of me will forever remain in Zorbas Apartment, breathing the Aegean air.
  • Evening: Arrive home. Unpack. Find more sand. My clothes smell of the sea. I start planning my return.
Trang's Phan Rang Dream Home: A Ninh Thuận Paradise You WON'T Believe!

Book Now

Zorbas Apartments Chios Greece

Zorbas Apartments Chios Greece

Okay, so... Zorbas Apartments in Chios. Sounds pretty... Greek. Is it *really* as idyllic as it looks in those pictures?

Alright, deep breaths, because here's the unfiltered truth. Those pictures? Yeah, they’re pretty. The sparkling blue water, the whitewashed buildings… They don't *lie*. But 'idyllic'? That depends. Look, I’m a cynical New Yorker by birth, okay? I went in expecting disappointment, because that’s how I roll.

So, here’s the deal: Zorbas *is* beautiful. The view from my balcony? Unfathomable. I spent a solid hour just… staring. Forget sunsets – the *sunrise* was the real show. You felt like a character in some ancient epic. But…

The first day, the water heater went kaput. No hot shower after a day of exploring the mastic villages. Now, I'm not talking a *tiny* inconvenience. The owner, Spiros, bless his heart, he was trying to fix it, but you know, Greek time? Everything is done at its own pace. Let's just say, the next day involved cold showers. That, honestly, was a serious test of my New Yorker-ness. I felt like I was going to be stuck in the past. But let me tell you, the next day, it was fixed. So, yeah, it's idyllic, but with… quirks. And those quirks are charming eventually. Most of them.

What's the deal with the location of Zorbas Apartments? Is it close to… anything at all? Like a decent taverna?

Okay, let’s get real. "Paradise" generally implies a bit of… isolation. And Zorbas *is* a little off the beaten path. You’re not stumbling out of the apartment and into a throng of tourists. Which, frankly, is part of the charm. You're nestled away. Very secluded.

It’s about a 10-minute drive from a village called Karfás. Karfás has some fantastic tavernas. We're talking seriously good food. Freshly caught seafood. Wine that seems to flow directly from the gods. I honestly feel like I can still taste the grilled octopus. Divine. Just… divine. You're not going to find a Starbucks or a McDonalds. That's probably the best thing about the location. And the driving? Easy peesy, lemon squeezy. Except for one really long, winding, uphill driveway at Zorbas, I almost got stuck. But the car was fine, and the view was worth it. Worth every single terrified moment.

Tell me about the apartments themselves. What are they like? Are they… clean? And are they well-equipped?

Okay, here's the deal. They are clean. I mean *really* clean. I am a self-proclaimed germaphobe. I brought my own disinfectant. I didn't need it. The cleaning crew? They're on it. And I'm someone who judges.

They're also charming. Simple. No, they don’t have a state-of-the-art kitchen. This isn't a hotel. This is more like staying in someone's really nice, well-loved family vacation home. Everything you need is there though. Kitchen basics and a fridge, AC, all the usual important bits.

The balcony? A life-saver. My apartment, specifically, had a killer view. Seriously, the *view*. I spent hours just… staring. Again. I could see the water. The boats. The mountains in the distance. It was therapeutic. Even my inner cynic, Mr. Grumpypants, was quiet. For once.

Is there a beach nearby? And, you know, a good beach?

Oh, the beach. Okay. The beach situation is... *good*. Karfás beach itself is within a short drive, there are other beaches that are much more private. Karfás is sandy, the water is calm, and it's generally pretty lovely. Families with kids were there. It has beach bars. You can rent umbrellas and sunbeds. Perfect for a chill day.

But here's the thing: *You need to explore*. Chios is full of hidden coves and beaches. Rent a car, get lost, and discover your own little slice of paradise. We went, a friend and I, to this tiny cove with the clearest turquoise water I've ever seen. We found some little taverna that served fresh fish. It was perfection. Again, this isn't a resort. You have to work for the good stuff. But believe me, it's there. Waiting.

What's the best part about staying at Zorbas? What's the *worst*?

Okay, the *best* part? The view. Without a doubt. Waking up to that every morning and watching the sun paint the sky? Pure bliss. Feeling the warmth of the sun and breathing the air? Unbelievable. The sunsets. The silence. The escape from reality. It was healing. Truly.

The *worst* part? Leaving. Ugh. The flight back was a nightmare. I felt like a part of me stayed behind. And the water heater, of course. The water heater was definitely not ideal. But still. I'd go back in a heartbeat, even with the potential for a cold shower. I'm thinking of booking again next year, I'd like a bigger apartment this time. The view from the bigger apartments is insane.

Talk about the owner, Spiros. What's he like? Is he helpful? Annoying? A ghost?

Spiros... Spiros is a character. He's exactly what you want in a Greek host -- warm, welcoming, and with a twinkle in his eye. He clearly loves his apartments and what he does. He's there if you need him, but he also gives you your space. He fixed the water heater (eventually!), he offered advice on where to go, and he made me feel like I was staying somewhere where I belonged.

He might not be the most efficient person on the planet, but his heart is in the right place. And honestly, in a place like Chios, efficiency feels… wrong! You're there to slow down, to unwind, to *feel* the Greek vibe. And Spiros embodies that. He embodies the spirit of Zorbas. He’s a gem. Maybe he will tell you about the time he got stuck in a mud pit... It's a good story. Worth the cold showers.

I'm a foodie. How's the food situation in Chios, and is it accessible from Zorbas?

Okay, foodies, listen up. If you love Greek food, you are in for a treat. Chios is a paradise for your taste buds. Fresh seafood, incredible olive oil, local produce... I honestly gained five pounds, and itStay Mapped

Zorbas Apartments Chios Greece

Zorbas Apartments Chios Greece

Zorbas Apartments Chios Greece

Zorbas Apartments Chios Greece

Post a Comment for "Escape to Paradise: Zorbas Apartments Await in Chios, Greece"