Cortona's Dream Villa Awaits: Private Pool & Mansion Luxury!

Cortona's Dream Villa Awaits: Private Pool & Mansion Luxury!
Cortona's Dream Villa: A Rambling Review (and Why You MUST Go!)
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I'm about to spill the Tuscan beans on Cortona's Dream Villa Awaits: Private Pool & Mansion Luxury! And let me tell you, this isn't your sanitized, perfectly-packaged travel blog post. This is the real deal, warts and all (and trust me, the warts are MINIMAL).
First Impressions (and a near miss with a Vespa!)
Pulling up to this place… WHOA. Forget everything you think you know about "villas." This is a mansion. Seriously. Massive stone walls, perfectly manicured gardens, and a driveway that's begging for a dramatic entrance. My pulse did a little happy dance, I won't lie. My first near-death experience of the trip? Trying to navigate the ridiculously narrow, winding Tuscan roads on a rental Vespa. Seriously, it's an adventure in itself. Thank god the villa has car parking on-site, free of charge, and valet parking! Phew.
Accessibility – A Mixed Bag (but mostly glorious!)
Now, a quick word on accessibility. This is where things get a little tricky. The website says facilities for disabled guests, which is GREAT. But, and I can't stress this enough, be very, very specific about your needs beforehand. Not everything is ideal for wheelchairs, and the terrain around the villa, while beautiful, can be uneven. Definitely check in on those details. But, the elevator is a lifesaver, and once inside, the main areas are generally pretty smooth. And honestly, the staff really, really try to help. They’re genuinely lovely.
Rooms – Fit for Royalty (or At Least, a Very Pampered Tourist)
Let's talk rooms. Forget cramped hotel rooms. We’re talking spacious, luxurious suites. My room (I think it was “The Florentine Suite” – maybe? Honestly, all the rooms are pretty incredible) boasted a private bathroom, separate shower/bathtub, bathrobes (essential!), slippers, air conditioning, and the holy grail: Wi-Fi [free]. Oh, and a seating area perfect for sipping prosecco and pretending you're a glamorous movie star. The blackout curtains were a godsend for those glorious Tuscan sunrises (and for sleeping in after a particularly epic dinner). And the extra-long bed? Divine. I practically melted into it.
And the complimentary tea and coffee/tea maker? A small touch that made a big difference. Honestly, I'm a sucker for those little details. And the daily housekeeping meant my room always felt fresh and inviting, which is honestly a lifesaver.
Food, Glorious Food! (and a few sneaky snacks)
Okay, the food. This is where Cortona’s Dream Villa truly shines. Seriously, prepare to loosen your belt.
- Restaurants: There are several restaurants on-site, offering a range of options. The a la carte in restaurant and buffet in restaurant had me drooling. I went for the International cuisine mainly, because "when in Rome"… And can I just say, the desserts in restaurant were a culinary masterpiece!
- Breakfast: The breakfast [buffet] was a spread of epic proportions. Fresh pastries, local cheeses, Italian charcuterie - a true feast. I swear, I ate more croissants than I had for the entirety of the rest of my life combined. Also, breakfast service means you can easily grab some to start your day.
- Poolside Bar: Perfect for an afternoon happy hour and a sneaky bottle of water (or a glass of the local wine, let's be honest) by the pool. And get this - they have a snack bar! Genius.
- Asian Cuisine: They also serve Asian cuisine in restaurant, which added a nice, unexpected variety.
There's also room service [24-hour]. I may or may not have ordered a midnight pizza one night. Don't judge.
Ways to Relax – Paradise Found (and a Near Nap-Induced Drowning)
Right, let's dive into the relaxation aspects. This place is designed for pure indulgence.
- The Pool with a View: The swimming pool [outdoor] is stunning. Seriously, Instagram-worthy. I spent a glorious afternoon floating around, gazing at the Tuscan hills. It was pure bliss. (Almost too much bliss. I may have dozed off, drifted towards the deep end, and nearly drowned myself. Oops. Thankfully, I was fine).
- The Spa: The Spa/Sauna is another highlight. There's a Sauna, a Steamroom, and they offer a variety of treatments like Body scrub and Body wrap. I indulged in a Massage - and it was honestly one of the best massages of my life. Pure, unadulterated bliss.
- The Gym/Fitness: I did try the Fitness center, once. Mostly to feel less guilty about all the croissants. It's well-equipped, but let's be real, I spent most of my time ogling the view from the window.
- Foot bath: What can I say? A quick foot bath made my weary feet feel more refreshed. Lovely!
Cleanliness and Safety – Feeling Safe and Sound (with a dollop of anxiety)
In these, you know, interesting times, safety is paramount. Cortona’s Dream Villa takes it seriously. They have so many safety measures listed, it's reassuring.
- They use Anti-viral cleaning products, have Daily disinfection in common areas and also between stays.
- Hand sanitizer is everywhere.
- The staff are trained in safety protocol and wear masks.
- They have a Safe dining setup with Sanitized kitchen and tableware items.
- I was able to request Room sanitization opt-out available.
- They do have a Doctor/nurse on call in case of emergencies.
But, a tiny part of me still had that lingering travel anxiety. I'm a worrier, what can I say? But overall, I felt safe and looked after.
Things to Do – Beyond the Pool (if you can tear yourself away)
Okay, so the villa is amazing, but you’re in TUSCANY! Time to explore.
- Cortona: The charming town of Cortona is a short drive away, and is a must see!
- Day Trips: The staff can help you arrange day trips to other Tuscan towns, like Florence or Siena.
- On-site event hosting is also available, which is great if you're planning a special event.
Services and Conveniences – The Little Things That Make All The Difference
- Concierge: The concierge was incredibly helpful, arranging everything from dinner reservations to wine tours.
- Daily housekeeping is perfect and a good touch.
- Laundry service and dry cleaning are available, which is lifesaver!
- Cash withdrawal and currency exchange are available.
- Internet: Wi-Fi [free] in all rooms – a necessity in my book! I did have some issues with the wifi, at times, but it was never a deal-breaker.
- Other stuff: They also offer Babysitting service, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Luggage storage, and non-smoking rooms. Honestly, they've thought of pretty much everything.
For the Kids – Family Friendly Fun
They’re Family/child friendly, and offer a Kids meal and babysitting services.
Getting Around – The Road to Paradise
- Airport transfer is available (highly recommend!).
- There's Car park [free of charge], and Car park [on-site].
- Taxi service is also available.
The Downsides (Because Nothing's Perfect)
Honestly, the only downsides (nitpicking here!) were minor. The wifi could be a little spotty at times. Some of the decor is a touch… traditional. Seriously, it’s hard to truly complain.
Final Verdict: Book It! (Seriously, Do It Now!)
Look, Cortona's Dream Villa isn't just a hotel, it's an experience. It's the perfect blend of luxury, relaxation, and Tuscan charm. It's perfect for a romantic getaway, a family vacation, or just a solo escape from the everyday grind. It's got charm in spades.
My biggest tip? Book early. And be prepared to fall in love.
SEO Optimized Offer to Persuade Your Booking:
Escape to Tuscan Paradise: Cortona's Dream Villa Awaits!
Dreaming of a luxurious escape to Tuscany? Look no further than Cortona's Dream Villa, where mansion luxury meets breathtaking views and unparalleled relaxation. Experience the magic of Tuscany with our stunning villa, meticulously designed for your ultimate comfort and enjoyment.
**
Escape to Paradise: Uncover the Hidden Gem of VILLA MULAN, Pelabuhan Ratu
Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because we're headed to Cortona, Italy, and trust me, this isn't going to be some perfectly curated Instagram feed of Aperol Spritzes and Renaissance art. This is real life. It’s Belvilla by OYO, the "attractive mansion with pool" thing, and well… let's just see how it goes. Here's my (completely and utterly imperfect) attempt at a schedule, a travel diary gone rogue:
Pre-Trip Ramblings (AKA, My Pre-Vacation Anxiety Symphony)
- Two weeks prior: I swear I’ve checked my passport about fourteen times. Is it even REAL? I think I dreamt it got eaten by a rogue pasta machine. Also, I spent three hours agonizing over what to pack, ultimately stuffing everything possible into a suitcase that's probably illegal to carry. Send help. And chocolate.
- One week prior: Okay, I think I've actually booked the Belvilla… I mean, I hope it’s actually booked. Did I accidentally book a chicken coop? (My online shopping skills are famously questionable). Also, what the heck do you do in Cortona? Is it all just… art? I’m slightly terrified of accidentally becoming that tourist who mistakes Giotto for a particularly grumpy pigeon.
Day 1: Arrival and the Great Pizza Debacle
- Morning (8:00 AM): Arrive at Florence airport. Jet lag is a real monster. The airport feels like a fever dream of people, luggage, and the faint smell of… something that might be espresso, maybe sewage. Let the adventure begin, or perhaps, the chaos.
- Morning (10:00 AM): Car rental pick-up: Ah yes, the ritual of wrestling with the rental car. It's a tiny Fiat, which is basically a metal shoebox. I'm pretty sure I could crush it with my bare hands if I was less relaxed.
- Midday (12:00 PM): Drive to Cortona. This is the part where navigation apps lie. "Turn LEFT in 500 meters." Yeah, right. More like "Turn LEFT at the confusing roundabout of doom where every sign is in Italian and looks vaguely menacing." I think I took a wrong turn that led me through a goat farm. At least the goats were cute.
- Afternoon (3:00 PM): Arrive at the Belvilla! Okay, it's… bigger than I expected. The pool does look inviting. I stumble in, and the relief is palpable. The sun is setting, the light is gorgeous, and the house… well, it's got character. Let's just say the decor is "rustic Tuscan with a touch of… grandma's attic."
- Evening (7:00 PM): Pizza night! We try to find a "charming, authentic trattoria." The reviews were glowing. The reality? Well, the pizza was… let's just say it tasted faintly of rubber and existential dread. I’m blaming the jet lag. Or maybe it was just a bad pizza. Probably both. I cried a little. Okay, a lot. My tastebuds are disappointed.
- Evening (9:00 PM): Pool time! The water is cold. So, so cold. But after the pizza-induced breakdown, I need this more than I need oxygen. I'm pretty positive I saw a frog. And a bat. And probably a tiny, judgemental owl. This is Italy, baby!
Day 2: Art, Architecture, and the Great Gelato Meltdown
- Morning (9:00 AM): Coffee and croissant on the terrace. The croissant is stale, the coffee is strong. This is a good start. I’m determined to be positive. I keep repeating "Embrace the imperfection."
- Morning (10:00 AM): Cortona Exploration: The town is up a hill, which might kill me. Luckily, the reward is worth the struggle. The views are stunning, and the Piazza Garibaldi is charming. I am so glad I walked this far.
- Midday (12:00 PM): Visit the Etruscan Museum. I saw some weird pots. And one very small bronze statue of a guy. I spent more time wondering about the guy and what he was doing than the artifacts themselves. I'm clearly failing at this "art appreciation" thing.
- Afternoon (2:00 PM): Lunch. I will try to find an authentic restaurant. I hope I find a better restaurant than yesterday, I should probably look up some restaurants now.
- Afternoon (3:00 PM): The Gelato Incident. Okay, this is a story. I, in my infinite wisdom, ordered a triple scoop of pistachio, hazelnut, and… some kind of berry thing. It was glorious. For about five minutes. Then, the heat hit. The gelato started melting faster than my resolve to be a sophisticated traveler. I ran. I dribbled. I ended up, covered in sticky, delicious gloop. A small child stared at me and laughed. Which, honestly, was fair.
- Evening (6:00 PM): Wine tasting! Because what else do you do in Tuscany? The wine is good, and I think I developed a bit of a crush on the charming old man giving the tasting. Or maybe it was just the wine. Let's be real, it was probably the wine.
- Evening (8:00 PM): Dinner. This time, I let someone else order for me. Surprisingly, it was delicious! Perhaps I am learning the art of not messing things up, and letting someone handle it. Or maybe I'm just getting drunk.
Day 3: Day trip to Siena & the Great Siena Meltdown
- Morning (8:00 AM): Siena Bound! Another early start because someone (me) thought it would be a good idea to see a medieval city. Siena is beautiful, but the crowds! The sheer number of people packed into those narrow streets is enough to give you a panic attack.
- Morning (10:00 AM): Piazza del Campo: Okay, the main square is spectacular. The architecture is amazing. I take some pictures, get shoved around by a busload of tourists, and then decide I need a coffee. A strong one.
- Midday (12:00 PM): Climb the Torre del Mangia! I mean, the views are supposed to be spectacular. But the climb! Oh, the climb. It’s like climbing a mountain inside a very tall, very old tower. My legs burned. I think I saw my life flash before my eyes. The view was incredible, though. Totally worth almost dying.
- Afternoon (2:00 PM): Lunch in Siena. I attempt to find a restaurant that isn’t overrun with tourists. I fail. I eat some pasta, it's okay. I am emotionally exhausted.
- Afternoon(3:00 PM): The Siena Meltdown: I am walking back to the car, and a wave of pure, unadulterated overwhelm washes over me. The crowds, the heat, the pressure to experience things, the "must-do" lists… it all piles up. I just want to sit. And breathe. And maybe eat some more gelato, but the memory of the last gelato incident still gives me the shivers.
- Evening (6:00 PM): Back in Cortona. The pool starts to look like heaven. The peace and quiet, something I've been lacking. I might just stay in the Belvilla and never leave.
- Evening (7:00 PM): Simple pasta and a bottle of wine on our terrace. I watch the sunset, and I feel a little less overwhelmed. A little. Baby steps.
Day 4: The Great Olive Oil Obsession and Departure Anxiety
- Morning (9:00 AM): Explore the surrounding area of Cortona. Find an olive grove, and take a tour. I develop an intense and slightly embarrassing obsession with olive oil. I spend way too much money on it, because I'm determined to bring the taste of Tuscany home with me.
- Midday (12:00 PM): Hike up to the hermitage of Le Celle: This is where St. Francis supposedly lived. The place is all stone, and moss, and pure serenity. I find myself feeling… peaceful. Huh. Maybe this "Italy thing" is starting to work.
- Afternoon (2:00 PM): Pizza again, the only thing I can stomach during the end of the vacation.
- Afternoon (4:00 PM): Pack. This is always the worst part. The pre-departure blues are hitting hard. I don't want to leave. I have to leave.
- Evening (7:00 PM): Final dinner. The last meal… It's bittersweet.
- Evening (9:00 PM): A final swim in the pool, under the stars. The water is still cold. I don't care. I soak in the moment.
Day 5: Departure and the Aftermath
- **Morning (6:

Cortona's Dream Villa Awaits: Private Pool & Mansion Luxury! - Let's Get Real, Okay?
Okay, Seriously, Is This Place *Really* As Good As It Looks in the Pictures? Because, Let's Be Honest, Photoshop...
Alright, let's rip off the band-aid. YES. Mostly. Look, the pictures are stunning, I'll give you that. They practically *smell* of Tuscan sunshine and freshly baked bread (maybe I'm being dramatic, but you get the gist). Here's the deal: it’s majestic, that's the key word. The views? They’re REAL. Remember those idyllic rolling hills in the movie "Under the Tuscan Sun"? Yeah, *you're* living in that movie.
BUT… (and there’s always a but, right?) the pool… it's divine, but it gets *COLD* in the evenings. That "crystal-clear" water? Well, it’s clean, but sometimes, you get that… *earthy* undertone. You know? Like, you're swimming in a beautiful, slightly-organic-smelling oasis. And the internet? Bless its heart, it tries. Sometimes you're streaming perfectly; other times, you're staring at that buffering wheel, contemplating the meaning of life. So, yeah, it's not *perfect*, but that's part of the charm. It's real. It's wonderful. And on balance, it's utterly worth every single penny, and I am completely okay with the buffering wheel.
The Kitchen: Is it a Practical Dream, or Just a Pretty Face? Because I Cook. A LOT.
Ah, the kitchen. The heart of any good vacation, am I right? Okay, focus. The Cortona kitchen? It's a beast. A gorgeous, well-equipped beast. High-end appliances, enough counter space to host a small army (seriously, I think you could throw a dinner party for 20 people in there), and… wait for it… a *wine fridge*! I almost wept with joy. That's a huge deal for me.
Now, here’s where it gets interesting. First, the layout. It's beautiful, but sometimes, during my "cooking zone," I found myself doing a little… *dance*. You know, the "step to the left to grab the olive oil, pivot to the right to grab the tomatoes" kinda dance. And the oven? It's massive, which is great for roasting a leg of lamb, but it also takes approximately FOREVER to preheat. Minor inconveniences, but they can add up when you're hangry. Speaking of which, there was this one time, I was attempting to make a soufflĂ©. A *soufflĂ©*. Let's just say, the kitchen lost that battle. But hey, the memories! You get *stronger* with failures, I tell you.
What About the Location? Is Cortona a Pain to Get To? And More importantly, is it *crowded*?
Okay, let's talk location, location, location. Cortona itself is… well, it's quintessential Tuscany. Breathtaking views, charming cobblestone streets, and enough gelato to make you gain five pounds in a day. Getting *to* Cortona? That can be a bit of a journey. You'll likely fly into Florence or Rome, and then you're looking at a car rental and a scenic (but sometimes windy) drive. Embrace it! It's part of the experience. You will feel like you are in a movie, especially as you near the villa.
And crowds? Cortona is a popular spot, especially during peak season. Expect tourists, but not in a "Times Square at New Year's" kinda way. It's more of a "charming town square bustling with life" type of crowd. The villa itself? Pure, unadulterated peace. Days by the pool, surrounded by the sounds of nature, away from the hustle and bustle of life. That's the magic. One day, I swear, I just sat there and watched a bee. It was glorious. That is what a holiday is supposed to be. Completely and utterly useless and luxurious.
The Pool. Let's Get Specific. What's the Deal With This Pool? Is it Private? Worth the Hype? Can I skinny dip? (Asking for a friend…)
The pool! Okay, this deserves its own section. Yes, it's private. That means no screaming kids cannonballing and splashing water in my face (bless their hearts, but… no). It’s also a decent size. You can actually swim laps, which is a major win, assuming you can resist the urge to just float and stare at the sky.
Worth the hype? ABSOLUTELY. Picture this: waking up in your ridiculously comfortable bed (more on the beds later), padding downstairs in your robe, and taking a dip in that cool, refreshing water. Breakfast on the patio, overlooking the Tuscan hills. It's pure, unadulterated *luxury*. And at night? The pool is lit up, which makes it magical.
And the skinny dipping question? Well… I can neither confirm nor deny any personal experiences. But let's just say, the privacy is *very* enticing. Do I regret it? No. Next question.
The Staff/Service: Are They Actually Helpful, or Just Pretending?
I'm gonna be brutally honest here: the service was *fantastic*. I can't remember the names of any of the staff, but I can tell you they were all absolutely lovely, efficient, and discreet. They are very good at what they do. They are a credit to your team. They were, like, fairies. They appear out of nowhere to make sure everything is perfect, and then disappear just as quickly.
They did not make one single mistake while I was there. They anticipated needs before I even had them. They are like mind-readers. They are also super respectful of your privacy. They are so good, that, at times, I felt weird. They are truly the best.
Let's Talk Beds. Are the Beds as Comfy as They Look in the Photos? Because We All Know a Bad Bed Can Ruin a Vacation...
OH. MY. GOODNESS. The beds. Where do I even begin? Okay, so, picture clouds. Now, picture those clouds made of… I don't know… angel feathers and unicorn tears? Something equally ridiculous and luxurious. Each bed was a different kind of heaven. Seriously, I started scheming ways to smuggle one home. Maybe disassemble it and ship it in pieces...? Don't judge me!
They're large. They're plush. They are so incredibly comfortable, you'll want to spend your entire vacation just… sleeping. (Which, let's be honest, is a perfectly valid vacation activity.) I actually woke up one morning feeling a littlePopular Hotel Find


Post a Comment for "Cortona's Dream Villa Awaits: Private Pool & Mansion Luxury!"