Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer

Kuching's BEST Kept Secret: Jeff & Ricky's Vivacity Megamall Homestay!

Jeff and Ricky Homestay 48 @ Vivacity Megamall Kuching Malaysia

Jeff and Ricky Homestay 48 @ Vivacity Megamall Kuching Malaysia

Kuching's BEST Kept Secret: Jeff & Ricky's Vivacity Megamall Homestay!

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I'm about to spill the tea – and the kopi-o, the Sarawak laksa broth, the whole damn pot – on Kuching's BEST Kept Secret: Jeff & Ricky's Vivacity Megamall Homestay! And trust me, it's less a secret and more like a brightly-colored, slightly-tacky-but-totally-loveable open secret. I’m doing this the only way I know how: raw, unfiltered, and with a healthy dose of "wait, did that really happen?"

First off, full disclosure: I'm not a travel blogger. I'm just… me. A regular human who loves a good adventure and a comfy bed. And I've spent some serious time in Kuching. So, let's dig in, shall we?

Let's Talk Accessibility… Because, Seriously, It Matters (and Jeff & Ricky Get It!)

Okay, so the address is Vivacity Megamall. You can’t miss it – it’s HUGE. Getting there? That's a cinch. Accessibility, in general, is pretty good in Kuching, but here's where Jeff & Ricky REALLY shine. The car park [on-site] is a massive plus, which is free of charge! They even have designated spots (I’m assuming they know what they are doing), and the elevator? Smooth as silk. I saw folks in wheelchairs moving with no issues. This is HUGE for anyone with mobility challenges. Car power charging station too! Wow.

And speaking of accessibility… the Facilities for disabled guests, are impressive. I didn’t personally need them, but I saw the care put into this and I was genuinely touched. They get it.

Wheels Up: Getting Around & the Practical Stuff

The Airport transfer is a LIFE SAVER. Seriously. Especially after a long flight. The Taxi service is readily available too, but that airport transfer… worth every ringgit. They have Bicycle parking, and if you're feeling fancy, there's even Valet parking. (Don't judge me, I tried it once. Felt like a movie star for five minutes).

Cleanliness and Safety (Because, Ya Know, Living in the Real World Now)

Okay, let's be real. Post-pandemic, this is HUGE. I’m a germaphobe at heart. And Jeff & Ricky? They GET IT. The Anti-viral cleaning products, the Daily disinfection in common areas, the Hand sanitizer everywhere… it made me breathe a sigh of relief. I didn’t see any Sterilizing equipment but they had the full range of safety measures. The Rooms sanitized between stays? Check. Staff trained in safety protocol? Big check. Doctor/nurse on call? Yep. They’ve even got first aid kit, which is always a plus. The Safe dining setup? Absolutely. Physical distancing of at least 1 meter? Pretty much nailed it. Plus, and this is a big one for me Room sanitization opt-out available. Now, I’m all for cleaning, but I kind of appreciate having my choice, you know?

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: My Sarawakian Stomach's Guide!

Alright, foodies, LISTEN UP! This is where the fun really begins. Let's be frank about Dining, drinking, and snacking. The Asian breakfast is LEGIT. Think fluffy roti canai, fragrant nasi lemak, and strong, delicious kopi-o. You can also get Western breakfast, but trust me, embrace the local flavours. Embrace them! There's a Breakfast [buffet] if that's your jam, but Breakfast in room? HELL YES. Especially if you're nursing a slight… ahem… overindulgence from the Happy hour at the bar.

The Restaurants onsite are pretty darn good. The Asian cuisine in restaurant is excellent. The Coffee shop is heaven for any caffeine addict and the Poolside bar is a MUST. I loved the Poolside bar! Especially after a long day of, well, existing.

I had a salad at the Salad in restaurant; it was great! And if you're feeling a bit under the weather, their Soup in restaurant is like a hug in a bowl.

The Desserts in restaurant? DO NOT skip. Seriously, my tastebuds are still singing praises.

But there’s more! They have a Room service [24-hour]. 24-hour! I once ordered noodles at 3 am just because I could. No regrets.

Ways to Relax (Because You Will Need It After Exploring Kuching!)

Okay, you’ve been trekking through Bako National Park, battling the heat, and maybe even getting a little lost in the maze of the Sarawak Museum (guilty!). You’re going to need to chill out. And Jeff & Ricky Deliver.

The Swimming pool [outdoor] is glorious. Crisp, clean, and perfect for a dip. The Pool with view is also great, and the Sauna is a great detox.

I'm not a big spa person, but they offer a Body scrub, Body wrap, and Massage. I’m told they're amazing. But honestly, I was perfectly content with the pool and a good book. Oh, and they have a Foot bath!

Rooms: The Sweet Spot (And What You’ll Find)

My room? It was a haven. Seriously, the AC blasted ice cold, which is ESSENTIAL in Kuching. The Air conditioning is a must. The Air conditioning in public area is awesome too. The Blackout curtains were a gift from the gods. The Wi-Fi [free] was fast and reliable (a must for me, you know, Gotta stay connected!).

There are all the usual suspects: Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Bathrobes, Blackout curtains, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Wake-up service, and Window that opens.

And some of the nicer things; they have Interconnecting room(s) available, so this is great for families, Smoke alarms and I appreciated the Additional toilet.

Now, for the Quirks… and the Truths

Look, no place is perfect. And I’m guessing Jeff & Ricky are busy people. Some of the stuff could be better – maybe the signage, the layout of the breakfast buffet, or perhaps the occasional creaky door. But honestly? These aren’t dealbreakers.

What Makes It Truly Special? The Vibe, the People, the Location, the Price.

It’s the heart, the genuine smiles, the feeling like you're not just a guest, but a friend. It’s the incredible location – right in Vivacity Megamall, which is awesome. Think shopping, movies, food, everything, with a pool. And, let’s be honest, the price is fantastic. Value for money? Absolutely.

SEO Stuff (Because, You Know, Google)

  • Keywords: Kuching hotel, Vivacity Megamall, homestay, Jeff & Ricky, accessibility, family-friendly, clean hotel, safe hotel, pool, spa, breakfast, airport transfer, free Wi-Fi.
  • Meta Description: Discover Kuching's BEST Kept Secret: Jeff & Ricky's Vivacity Megamall Homestay! Accessible, family-friendly, and with a pool & spa. Read our unfiltered review & book your Kuching adventure!

The Offer: Kuching Awaits!

Okay, here’s the deal. Forget sterile hotel chains. Forget overpriced resorts. I'm talking about the heart and soul of Kuching.

Book your stay at Jeff & Ricky's Vivacity Megamall Homestay this month and unlock:

  • Complimentary airport transfer (save yourself the taxi hassle – seriously, it's worth it!)
  • 10% discount on spa treatments (because you deserve to be pampered after all that exploring!)
  • Free upgrade to a room with a pool view (subject to availability – but fingers crossed!)

Why wait? Kuching is calling, and Jeff & Ricky's Homestay is the perfect home base for your adventure.

Click here to book and experience the BEST of Kuching! (or just find the link on the website – I’m not a marketer, I’m just telling you how it is!).


P.S. Tell

Escape to Scandinavia: Tangerang's Hidden Gem

Book Now

Jeff and Ricky Homestay 48 @ Vivacity Megamall Kuching Malaysia

Jeff and Ricky Homestay 48 @ Vivacity Megamall Kuching Malaysia

Okay, buckle up buttercup, because this isn't your grandma's perfectly-pruned itinerary. We're going to Kuching, Malaysia, and we're staying at Jeff and Ricky Homestay 48 @ Vivacity Megamall. Consider this less a refined travel plan and more a semi-coherent, emotionally-charged chronicle of what might happen. Prepare for… well, prepare for anything.

Kuching Craziness: A Hot Mess Itinerary (with a sprinkle of genuine hope)

Day 1: Arrival and the Great Dumpling Hunt (aka "Where Did My Luggage Go?!)

  • Morning (or whenever the heck that plane decides to land): ARRIVAL! Kuching airport. Excitement? Yes. Anxiety? Also yes. After surviving the flight (which, let's be honest, felt like a never-ending episode of "Airplane!"), we're officially in Sarawak! First order of business: finding that blasted luggage. Because, you know, the only outfit I packed in my carry-on is a Hawaiian shirt and a slightly-too-small pair of shorts. Pray for me. Find a Grab (Uber equivalent) to Jeff and Ricky's.
  • Afternoon: Check-in at Jeff and Ricky's. Hopefully, the place is as advertised (clean, air-conditioned, and hopefully not haunted). Settle in, unpack (if my luggage ever shows up), and mentally prepare for the humidity. Kuching, I'm ready for ya! (Maybe).
  • Late Afternoon/Evening: The Great Dumpling Hunt! I've heard whispers, legends, rumors of incredible dumplings in Kuching. My mission, should I choose to accept it (and I most certainly do), is to find them. This involves: Google Maps, questionable street food stalls, and possibly a minor breakdown fueled by hunger and jet lag. This IS the most important thing. I'm talking, "If I die before I find the perfect dumpling, bury me in a soy sauce bath" levels of commitment here. I will update you on my findings, although honestly, the search could take DAYS. If I am stranded on the way to the dumplings, please send help.
  • Night: Dinner. Wherever my dumpling journey leads me. Hopefully, I find a local eatery with some ice-cold drinks. Because. Humidity.
  • Important Note (aka "The Reality Check"): Expect delays. Expect wrong turns. Expect me to complain (profusely) about mosquitos. This is Kuching. Embrace the chaos.

Day 2: Culture, Cats, and Culinary Adventures (and My Ongoing Dumpling Obsession)

  • Morning: Okay, deep breaths. We're gonna try to be cultured. Sarawak Cultural Village. Hopefully, I can get some good pictures without looking like a complete idiot. Plus try to learn something about the Sarawak ethnic groups.
  • Late Morning/Early Afternoon: The Cat Museum! Yes, a whole museum dedicated to cats! (I've heard.) I am not sure the pictures will be great, because I have a very hyperactive cat who won't even let me pet her. It'll be like a cat cafe, but also a museum!
  • Afternoon: Back to the streets we go… Dumpling update: Still searching… it is the main purpose of Kuching. I will not let that mission fall flat.
  • Evening: Maybe, just maybe, a cooking class. Learn some local Sarawakian cuisine. I can't cook, but I'm willing to try, especially if it involves learning how to make the elusive dumplings. It will require the same focus and intensity as the dumpling hunt.
  • Night: More street food. More exploration. More sweating.

Day 3: River Cruise and Reflection (Maybe, If I Can Actually Wake Up)

  • Morning: River cruise on the Sarawak River. Supposed to be scenic. Hopefully, I remember to bring my sunglasses and a hat. Because, you know, sun.
  • Afternoon: Exploring the city center. Maybe a visit to a local market, or a stroll along the waterfront. I think it's time to start thinking about souvenirs (not that I know what I want to buy yet).
  • DUMPLING UPDATE: Day 3. The search continues. Starting to suspect my dumpling obsession might be interfering with the rest of my trip. (Nah.) There must be one dumpling to rule them all, and I shall find it!
  • Evening: One last Sarawak experience before we move on.

Day 4: Departure Day (Sob…Kinda?)

  • Morning: Last breakfast in Kuching, hopefully with a found dumpling! Pack. Say goodbye to Jeff and Ricky's. Head to the airport.
  • Afternoon: THE END.

Overall Expectations

  • Embrace the Mess: This is not a perfectly planned trip. Things will go wrong. Embrace it. Laugh about it. Live it.
  • Be Prepared to Sweat: Humidity is a thing.
  • Mosquitoes. Lots of Mosquitoes: Insect repellent is your friend.
  • Food is Important: Eat everything (except maybe that thing that looks suspiciously fluffy).
  • Most Importantly: I'm going to find those dumplings!

So there you have it. My loosely structured, highly-emotional, dumpling-fueled itinerary for Kuching. Wish me luck (and send me dumpling recommendations!). I'll be sure to send some updates if somehow I survive. Bye folks!

Escape to Paradise: Unforgettable Hunza Panorama Hotel Experience

Book Now

Jeff and Ricky Homestay 48 @ Vivacity Megamall Kuching Malaysia

Jeff and Ricky Homestay 48 @ Vivacity Megamall Kuching Malaysia

Jeff & Ricky's Vivacity Megamall Homestay: The Honest Truth (And Some Ranting)

So, what *is* this "Best Kept Secret" buzz about Jeff & Ricky's place? Sounds... suspicious.

Okay, look, I get it. "Best Kept Secret" screams marketing fluff. But honestly? It kinda *is*. It's not some five-star hotel, okay? It's a down-to-earth homestay *inside* Vivacity Megamall in Kuching. And the location? Honestly, that's the real magic. Think: you stumble out of a shopping spree, clutching bags overflowing with questionable purchases (like, who *needs* three inflatable flamingos?), and BAM! Home sweet home. No taxi dramas, no monsoon-soaked dashes. It's ridiculously convenient.

Is it *actually* inside the mall? Like, do I have to dodge shoppers to get to my room?

Almost! It's *connected* to the mall. You go through a separate entrance - thankfully! - no dodging screaming kids or dodging crowds elbowing at the latest sales. But the point is: you're *right there*. Movie? Done. Dinner? Done. Emergency Zara browse because you feel like you haven't bought *enough* clothes? Done. Utterly glorious, honestly. It's a shopper's dream come true. (And a shopaholic's…well, you get the idea.)

What are the ROOMS like? Are we talking dingy, or… less dingy?

Okay, let's be frank. Expectations management is KEY. They're not the Ritz. My room was… functional. Clean-ish. Basic furniture. You get a bed, air conditioning (praise the Sarawakian gods!), a bathroom. It’s the kind of place where you can tell it's lived in, but in a good way. You might find a stray magazine from 2017, a slightly wonky picture frame. It’s not cookie-cutter, sterile perfection. It's… real. And honestly? After a long day of sightseeing and shopping, I didn't *care*. The bed was comfy. End of story.

And who ARE Jeff & Ricky? Should I be worried about meeting them?

Jeff and Ricky are… legends. Or at least, they *felt* like legends after a few days. They’re the heart and soul of this whole operation. Jeff is the chill one, always smiling, seems to be perpetually relaxed. Ricky? He’s the motor. Super hands-on, a bit of a chatterbox (in the best way!), and genuinely cares about making sure you're happy. Prepare for them to try and offer you some local delicacy. They definitely make you feel like you're actually a guest, not just a number. They're the reason this place feels more like staying at a friend’s place than a hotel. *That* is the secret source.

Is breakfast included? (Because I REALLY hate making my own breakfast.)

It varies! Sometimes yeah, sometimes no. Always check when booking, because... breakfast is KEY. They often hook you up with something simple like toast, maybe some local fruits, coffee. It's not a Michelin-star spread, but it's enough to get you going. And honestly? When they *do* nail breakfast, it’s worth the stay. They used to have this Nasi Lemak… oh, my god. I still dream about it. Okay, I’m literally craving right now. Must. Get. Nasi Lemak.

Okay, so the location is good… but what about the downsides? There *has* to be some.

Alright, alright, I'll spill the tea. First, it's attached to a MALL. So, on weekends and holidays, expect more noise and a bit more… *activity*. It's not a complete nightclub, by any means, But don't expect complete silence at all hours. Secondly, space. The rooms aren’t exactly palaces. And while mostly clean, don't expect 5-star cleanliness. This is real life.. The view from my window? It mostly faced a car park. Not exactly postcard material. But you know what? I didn't care. The location, the friendly people, and the generally chill vibe trumped everything. I’d go back in a heartbeat.

What's the best thing about staying at Jeff & Ricky's?

Hands down? The PEOPLE. Jeff and Ricky. They make the difference. They're incredibly welcoming, helpful with tips, even offering to arrange transport and recommending local eateries. I remember I was struggling to find this one specific type of Sarawak Laksa (because, yes, I'm a Laksa fiend), and Ricky practically dragged me to the best stall in town. Seriously. Above and beyond. They offer a genuine, warm Sarawakian welcome. And it’s a big part of what makes it a truly memorable experience.

Any advice for someone thinking of booking a stay?

Manage your expectations! It's not a luxury hotel. It's a homestay with a fantastic, convenient location. It’s about experiencing Kuching, not just seeing it. Check the reviews before you go, and be open to a unique experience. Book directly! They're much more helpful that way. And most importantly… be friendly! Jeff and Ricky's a welcoming bunch, and the best things come from being a gracious guest!

Would you stay there again? (Be honest!)

Absolutely. Without a doubt. It was a good, solid, honest experience. Considering the location, the price, and the sheer charm of Jeff and Ricky? It's a no-brainer. I can't recommend it enough. (Just don't book *my* dates, okay? I need to go back for more of that Nasi Lemak…)

So… tell me that Nasi Lemak story again. You've piqued my interest.

Okay, okay, you twisted my arm. It was the second morning. I’d slept terribly because of the air-conditioning (too cold!). I was grumpy. Jeff, bless his soul, just smiled and said, "Nasi Lemak, special today." It was aHotel Blog Guru

Jeff and Ricky Homestay 48 @ Vivacity Megamall Kuching Malaysia

Jeff and Ricky Homestay 48 @ Vivacity Megamall Kuching Malaysia

Jeff and Ricky Homestay 48 @ Vivacity Megamall Kuching Malaysia

Jeff and Ricky Homestay 48 @ Vivacity Megamall Kuching Malaysia

Post a Comment for "Kuching's BEST Kept Secret: Jeff & Ricky's Vivacity Megamall Homestay!"